Friday, May 4, 2012

Fabric Love!

Like anyone else who sews, appliques, or quilts, I have recently discovered that I am a fabric addict.  Whenever I set foot in JoAnn, Hancock's, or Hobby Lobby (oh, and now Wal-Mart has a fabulous fabric department) I get lured in and have to buy at least a yard of at least one fabric.  I've started buying from fabric.com, too.  They have wonderful prices on designer fabrics and free shipping on orders over $35 (which is easy to do!)  I justify my purchases by saying things like, "Well... that fabric is so pretty that it won't be here the next time I come," or "I need a pretty orange for that pumpkin applique I was wanting to do."  But then, once I buy it, it sits in my pantry/sewing closet (yes, they are one in the same) for months, and I end up forgetting I have it. 

I had a few days with no boys in the house, meaning it was safe to explore my fabric hoard, and dug up lots of beautiful treasures that have inspired me to get sewing again.  Some of my favorite finds, you may ask?  Take a look!!



 







 All of these came from fabric.com with the exception of the polka dots.  Those came from Hancock's. 

4 comments:

  1. You've definitely got good taste. I'd like to snag at least 3 of your choices for MY collection. :-)

    robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should add them to your stash! Haha! Everyone could use more fabric!!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I'm just stopping by to say hi! I was over on Sew Many Ways,Make A Friend Friday. What funny things your little one says! Made me LOL! Please stop by and visit with me when you have a chance. I have grands that I sew for and I make all kinds of crafty stuff. BTW, I started following you on Pinterest too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy! I'll go check out your page right now :) Kids are great, aren't they?

      Delete

Thanks for taking a moment to let me know I'm not just writing to myself in blog land :)