Wednesday, February 11, 2015

This Dress is Simply Enchanting!


Pattern Review of the Enchanting Dress from Lilac Lane Patterns - The perfect pattern for any special occasion! | www.justgrinandwearit.blogspot.com
 
I was given this pattern for free in exchange for this review, but all opinions are my own.
 
I always love a good, versatile pattern.  I knew immediately after seeing the Enchanting Dress from Lilac Lane that I was going to be a huge fan because of its simple lines, yet stunning features.  This dress is great because you can play around with the design to change up the look.  Want a fancier dress to wear to church or for photos?  Make it with the ruffle sleeve and oversized bow!  Prefer a more casual dress?  Leave them off!  I personally think it looks pretty stellar with a monogram, and an applique would be a nice touch, too ;)
 
Pattern Review of the Enchanting Dress from Lilac Lane Patterns - The perfect pattern for any special occasion! | www.justgrinandwearit.blogspot.com
 
This dress is a very easy sew.   There are no buttons or zippers, and the dress just slips over the head. There's a dramatic dip in the back that's just gorgeous, and it allows for the dress to easily be put on or taken off.   It's probably my favorite feature of the dress.   There's gathering on the sleeve ruffle, but other than that, it's just pretty much just sewing straight lines.  The "trickiest" part was attaching the bias tape to the neckline, but the directions are straight forward, and it really is quite simple if you go slowly.
 
Pattern Review of the Enchanting Dress from Lilac Lane Patterns - The perfect pattern for any special occasion! | www.justgrinandwearit.blogspot.com
 
I made the size 3 for my soon-to-be 4 year old after referencing the sizing chart.  I thought the fit was spot on.  I added the 3 inches of lace (that the pattern didn't call for) to the bottom because I thought it was really pretty, ha!  Baby girl is tall for her age anyways, so I didn't think it would hurt.  It turned out really cute! 
 
Pattern Review of the Enchanting Dress from Lilac Lane Patterns - The perfect pattern for any special occasion! | www.justgrinandwearit.blogspot.com
 
The pattern file itself is 168 pages, but don't let that scare you!  The first 13 pages are the tutorial with the remainder of the pages being the pattern pieces.  The pattern fits sizes 2T - Girls 10, and each of those sizes is printed out separately.  Just look at the handy chart on page 13 to determine the size you need, and then you'll be directed to which pages you need to print out.  Super easy.  I always love when a pattern is labeled with the designer, pattern title, and page number on every page, and this one fits the bill.   Each step of the tutorial is numbered and has a corresponding color photo.   Also included is a cutting layout, supply list, and recommended fabrics, plus there are several design examples sent in from testers (I love seeing those).
 
Pattern Review of the Enchanting Dress from Lilac Lane Patterns - The perfect pattern for any special occasion! | www.justgrinandwearit.blogspot.com
 
I'm sooo excited about how stinkin' cute this little dress turned out!  I wasn't sure about using a solid color fabric at first, but I am definitely pleased with the results.  Sometimes it just gives a nice backdrop to all the fun extras like the lace, monogram, and bow. 
 
Pattern Review of the Enchanting Dress from Lilac Lane Patterns - The perfect pattern for any special occasion! | www.justgrinandwearit.blogspot.com
 
Photographs courtesy of Leigh Ann Goodin Photography

http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/just-grin-wear-it-13548809
 


22 comments:

  1. Your sewing really is enchanting. And who could go wrong with a model as gorgeous as that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, Jayne! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that dress is really something, especially the back side, I really love it! I came here through Sew+Show, regards from Finland :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello from the USA! I love the back of the dress, too :) Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! I love the beautiful dress and the sweet little model :) Visiting from A Princess Creative Link Party! Thank you for sharing!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana, thank you so much for your sweet words!! I'm so happy you stopped by!!

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet dress! And your little model is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I know I'm biased, but I think she's pretty darn cute ;)

      Delete
  5. What a cute dress.... on a darling little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and classic dress! Stopping by from Time For Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! I especially love the white bow right at the top in the back. What a gorgeous little girl! Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bow is such a sweet touch! I'll definitely be back to link up again. Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. Too cute! Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Spark Link Party last week. Hope you stop by again today! http://bit.ly/17pM9dP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! I'll definitely link up with my next post soon!

      Delete
  9. Hi there
    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured this on my Saturday Spotlight post this week!
    Saturday Spotlight
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great weekend!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, how awesome! I'm going to check it out now :)

      Delete
  10. Hi, Your daughter is a cutie. She looks like she's enjoying modelling that dress for you.
    Thank you for coming to the Inspire Me Monday Linky Party.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janice! I appreciate you hosting!

      Delete
  11. This looks incredible! Super cute. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for taking the time to party with us. We hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. It wouldn't be a party without you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks so much, Kimberly! I totally appreciate it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a moment to let me know I'm not just writing to myself in blog land :)