Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to Lu!

This Saturday was my baby girl's first birthday!  We decided to do a bird theme since I've been slightly obsessed with birds lately.  We had a little Easter egg hunt for the kids (birds lay eggs, right?) since Sunday was Easter.  It was a lot of fun! 

Now, my favorite part about throwing a party is designing and making the invitations.  I wish I could say that I went to work right away on them this time, but I spent too much time debating what to do and ended up getting them sent out really late.  Oops!  They turned out pretty cute, nonetheless.  


To make these, I used A Pocket Full of Posies Matstack of scrapbooking card stock from JoAnn.  They are 4.5'' x 6.5''.


I designed the wording in Microsoft Word, and then had them printed onto the paper.  I did each invitation on a different piece of paper.  I LOVE the designs in this set!!


Then, I took a coordinating sheet of paper and traced out the little bird.  To make the template for the bird, I did a quick Google search and found one that I liked, shrunk it down to the size I wanted, and then printed it onto a sheet of freezer paper.  Then, I took an Exacto knife (make sure you use a cutting mat or a cutting board from your kitchen) and traced the birdie onto a piece of paper.  I used double sided tape to attach the bird and repeated the process for the wing. 


I think they turned out really cute!!  I spent about $12 for the paper and had everything else on hand, so the total cost of invitations was $12, AND I have plenty of paper left over for other projects!  Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to let me know I'm not just writing to myself in blog land :)